This is a very important aspect of health. Walking for 30 minutes, five days a week, can help to reduce stress levels, as well as decrease the risk of heart disease, cancer and diabetes.
Daily physical activity has also been proven to be effective as a mild anti-depressant. Being active could involve walking, swimming, cycling, playing football, gardening, taking the dog out, going to the gym … It’s your choice.
However, a good night’s sleep is also essential, and here are some suggestions that may help you to get this …
- Go to bed at a regular time.
- Have a bed time routine and wind down before you head to bed.
- Exercise regularly, but not too late in the evening.
- Make sure your bed and bedroom are comfortable (for example, no noise, the right temperature and light), and that there are no TVs, computers or game consoles in it.
- Try not to nap or sleep too much during the day.
- Don’t eat or drink caffeine close to bed time.
- Don’t smoke close to bed time.